Home » Tamil Nadu » You are reading » Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017- Requests for rectification of pay anomalies – Constitution of One Man Committee – Orders -Issued
© GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU 2018 MANUSCRIPT SERIES G.O.Ms.No.57, Dated: 19th February, 2018 (Heyvilambi, Maasi-7, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2049)
Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017- Requests for rectification of pay anomalies – Constitution of One Man Committee – Orders -Issued.
Read: G.O.Ms.No.303, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, Dated: 11.10.2017.
Based on the recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017, orders have been issued in the Government Order read above replacing the existing system of Pay Bands and Grade Pay applicable to State Government employees and teachers including employees of local bodies by new system of level based Pay Matrix in a manner similar to that adopted by the Government of India for its employees notionally with effect from 01.01.2016 and with monetary benefit from 01.10.2017. The above revision was adopted on the basis of corresponding pre-revised pay scales and inspite of the immense fiscal stress, keeping the welfare of the Government employees in mind, Government implemented the pay revision on the basis of the recommendations of Official Committee, 2017 at an additional cost of Rs.14,719/- Crore per annum.
2) Representations are now being received from various Employees Associations seeking revision of pay levels and rectification of pay anomalies. The Hon’ble His Excellency of Governor of Tamil Nadu in his address in Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly on 08.01.2018 has made an announcement to the effect that the Government will constitute a Committee to examine these representations.
3) After careful consideration, the Government has decided to constitute a One Man Committee to rectify the pay anomalies. Accordingly, Government direct that One Man Committee shall be constituted duly headed by Thiru M.A.Siddique, I.A.S., Secretary to Government (Expenditure), Finance Department.
4) The following are the terms of reference of the Committee:-
(i) Representations on pay anomalies, pay revision consequent on the implementation of the revised pay levels or clarification in the method of fixation of pay in the revised pay structure or other allied benefits including Special Pay, Allowances, etc., shall be examined by the One Man Committee.
(ii) The Committee shall examine all the representations received by it and make specific recommendations to the Government on the representations / anomalies considered by the Committee.
(iii) The Committee shall submit its report to Government by 31.07.2018.
5) All Departments of Secretariat and Heads of Departments are requested to furnish the details if any called for by the One Man Committee immediately.
6) As regards supporting staff to the One Man Committee, orders will be issued separately. (BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR) K.SHANMUGAM ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Government of Andhra Pradesh: Agriculture Department – Budget Estimate 2017-18 – Budget Release Order for Rs. 1,48,50,000/- (Rupees One crore Forty eight lakhs Fifty thousands only) – Administrative SanctionMonday, February 19 2018